Monday, March 06, 2006

Kuala Lumpur International Marathon

Finally, I finish my KLIM 2006 with 5 hours of running.

This is not my personal best record, or should I say, one of my worse records in more than 10 marathons. But still I’m very happy with the this result, cause in my expectation, I’m looking for even worse timing.

I’m pacing with my brother in law (Ting Kam) this round. This is his first ever marathon. Initially I though I can have a sub-6 hour relax run with him (I accidentally injured my toe in last Aikido training, so, can’t run fast liao). But then, Ting Kam didn’t really act like a first timer! He keeps a very constant pace and maintains the speed well. Poor me, I have to follow his pace too. Our pace stays constant until 35km mark, where we reduce our speed to get rig of cramp. At last 3 km to go, I discover cramp on my quadriceps muscle. So, we end up with walking back to the finishing line in very relax pace. Great! Ting Kam finally ends his first marathon sub-5, and half of minute in front of me!

Am trying to upload some photos later, perhaps a full report too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah not bad!! at least u prove to urself again u can finish the race!! keep running regardless of the pain and the ultimate result; as long as u manage to finish the race!! that is the greatest satisfaction ever!!

4:49 PM, March 17, 2006  
Blogger Boon Keat said...

Hey Dexter,

Well, sound like u r interest in running too. Come lah, u can train with me.

8:01 PM, March 18, 2006  
Blogger Kean Hong said...

hey BK, run to Balakong la... i am still waiting.... and waiting....

4:48 PM, March 21, 2006  
Blogger Boon Keat said...

OK OK, i will try to make my way there, ASAP....

8:54 PM, March 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

11:58 AM, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home