Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Aikido


Start from this month, I take my first step into Aikido world.

I like martial art. Since I was 11 years old, I began my first martial art training in Taekwondo. It was under ITF (International Taekwondo Federation) instructor and I spend two years there. However, may be due to too young and not serious in sport. I quit the training after leave primary school.

Lately, I join another class of Taekwondo during my secondary school life. This class was instructed by an ex-national fighter in WTF (World Taekwondo Faderation). He is a great teacher and willing to teach us the fighting skill nearly free of charge. That time, all of us train in lousy environment (small field outside Indian temple), lack of facilities (with only homemade kicking bag), but very serious and scary training program (come on, we always vomit after every training session!). The reward after all this suffer? Few of us were selected into state team, and even some went to national team! Thanks for my teacher; I really learn a lot from him. The most valuable thing I learn is not the deadly skill of fighting, but the way to understand ourselves clearly. I still remember the phase mentions by him, that martial art is not only mean for fight, but the art to look inside ourselves and understand the nature.

Before furthering my study in form six. I spend few months with my friends, train in Karate and Boxing. Although the time spend with them are less, but it open my eyes to another world of fighting skill. Well, at least I know how they start an attack and defense : P

When come to university life, my martial art life is near empty. Where I only spare so little time to it and focus more in other sport like running, swimming, cycling, squash, hiking, etc…. and this situation is carry on until now….

However, 2005 is approaching the end. In the brand new 2006, I decided to start a new martial art class (before I’m too old in learning new technique). This time, hopefully I’m still be able to get through the challenge, and bring new view to me about my life.

Wish me luck. Ha!

3 Comments:

Blogger blueameba said...

When come to Martial Arts, i have a lot to say, but here, i just simplify it.

I agree with you that Martial Arts is not only about fighting. There are a lot of hidden meanings which eventually will help us in our life.

1st of all, mental training.
2nd, discipline.
3rd, recreate your personal value.
4th, appreciate.

In Karate (空手道), it teaches us empty (空), empty ur mind, means don't think.

A very popular theme in Karate,' as empty as the sky, as solid as the mountain'. I personally like it so much.

Well, I believe there are alot of philosophies to be covered in Aikido. Do hope you share more and I hope i can take up Aikido class again.

3:45 PM, December 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wui, tak boleh kacau, SAFE lar... u are too old for all these ler... just dun want to have another fractured bone in you.

4:25 PM, January 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

9:57 PM, February 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home